Shiplake to Henley, 16 July
A message from Linda
This walk is 10/11 miles and incorporates riverside paths, fields, woodland and some lane/ road walking. There are some ascents and two steepish descents but these are short. There are several styles. Please note the following:
- Chris and I will be meeting the group at Shiplake.
- There are no toilets at Shiplake and a very short transfer time at Twyford so please use the facilities on the train from Paddington.
- Unfortunately, the planned lunchtime pub will not be open so you will need to bring your own lunch. We will stop for this at Rotherfield Greys anyway but please note that there will be no toilet facilities there. Instead we will make a short stop approximately an hour and a half into the walk for drinks and snacks at a coffee barn where there are also toilet facilities.
- As the forecast is for hot temperatures the pace may be slower so we may not arrive in Henley much before 5 pm.
- There is no drop out point.