Oxshott to Claygate, 4 June
Linda and Chris write: Please note that Chris and I will be taking the train from Claygate station, one stop before Oxshott.
– There is a toilet at Oxshott station.
– The morning walk is slightly shorter than the afternoon.
– It is possible to end the walk at lunch time by taking one of two buses, to either Esher or Kingston from where there are half hourly trains to Waterloo. The bus stop is a short walk from the lunch stop.
– The walk is mainly either flat or gently undulating but there are a few short steeper ascents and descents most of which have been stepped.
– On the recce the route was completely dry but there are two places which can be marshy so, depending on this week’s weather, you might want to be prepared.
– As it is bank holiday weekend I will book a table for those who want to eat at the pub. Please let me know by Thursday morning whether you would like a pub lunch (non-members contact firstname.lastname@example.org). The pub is The Prince of Wales at West End, Esher and you can check the menu out online. There is a large village green where you can eat sandwiches, a small cafe at the cricket club and a large garden centre.
Look forward to seeing you at Oxshott.